MOMS CLEAN AIR FORCE HOSTING DISTINGUISHED PANEL IN RICHMOND TO DISCUSS IMPACTS OF CLIMATE CHANGE WITH LOCAL MOMS, DADS, AND GRANDPARENTS
Experts Will Discuss Ways to Protect Young Virginians and Future Generations from Dirty Air and Climate Change Impacts
Trinity Family Life Center, Richmond, VA
Thursday, June 5, 2014
Moms Clean Air Force hosted a distinguished panel discussion between Administration officials and health experts, including EPA Assistant Administrator and one of the architects of the just-released Clean Power Plan, Janet McCabe. These experts, along with moms, dads, and grandparents examined the impacts of climate change on children’s health and the proposed Clean Power Rule that will protect future generations.
The panel included McCabe, Moms Clean Air Force Director and co-founder Dominique Browning, Dept. of Energy Deputy Assistant Secretary Alice Madden, Samantha Adhoot, MD, Laura Anderko, RN, PhD, and NAACP’s Climate Justice Initiative Director Jacqueline Patterson. These health and clean air experts examined the current problem of climate pollution and available solutions to protect future generations of Virginians.
WHAT: “Raising Kids in a Changing Climate: What Parents Need to Know”
WHEN: Thursday, June 5, 2014, from 6:30 until 8 PM
WHERE: Trinity Family Life Center, 3601 Dill Rd. Richmond, VA 23222
WHO: Featured Speakers
- Dominique Browning, Director and co-founder, Moms Clean Air Force
- Janet McCabe, Acting Assistant Administrator for the Office of Air and Radiation, US Environmental Protection Agency
- Alice Madden, Principal Deputy Assistant Secretary, Intergovernmental and External Affairs, US Department of Energy
- Samantha Adhoot, MD, Fellow of the American Academy of Pediatrics (AAP), Executive Committee Members of the AAP’s Council on Environmental Health
- Laura Anderko, RN, PhD, Georgetown University of School of Nursing and Health Studies
- Jacqui Patterson, NAACP’s Climate Justice Initiative Director