We are currently hiring an Environmental Organizer Intern Positions
Environmental Organizer Intern
Do you want to incorporate the environment into your everyday life through environmental activism, advocacy, social justice and event planning? Interning for Terra-Scapes Environmental Consulting is a unique opportunity for a student with a passion for the environment. Engaging the community through educational initiatives about current environmental concerns will be your goal. The Environmental Organizer will work on several pertinent environmental campaigns ranging from protecting our children’s health, finding solutions to climate change, renewable energy promotion, protecting our oceans and fisheries.
The Environmental Organizer will have the opportunity to gain experience and forge connections in the environmental and green business communities. The position entails working and volunteering with the following prominent environmental organizations: Moms Clean Air Force, Natural Resource Defense Council, Sierra Club, Chesapeake Bay Foundation, Lynnhaven River Now, and many more.
- Research, organize, and execute logistics for environmental workshops and events.
- Update and organize our social media (primarily Facebook and Twitter) in real time and in advance.
- Recruit and communicate with new and existing volunteers.
- Strengthen and build coalitions with new and existing groups, scientists, students, elected officials, and businesses.
- Work with the media on press releases, advisories, letters to the editor, and opinion editorials.
- Schedule and participate in meetings with local, state, and federal legislators regarding environmental policy initiatives.
- Database organization and entry using Google docs and Excel spreadsheets.
- Research and preparation of reports, documents, and memorandums using Microsoft Office.
- Assist in creation of materials for Terra-Scapes and its coalition partners.
- Develop plan to reach goals with each individual campaign.
- Grasp office-related computer (Mac and PC) and internet applications.
- Have a passion for the environment and the growth of the green economy.
- Ability to prioritize, work independently, and follow through on concurrent projects and goals.
- Superior organizational skills and ability to meet deadlines required.
- Ability to communicate easily with a diverse range of people.
- Demonstrated experience working independently.
- Owns a vehicle and willing to travel throughout VA for specific workshops or conferences.
- Willingness to meet with Congressional members in Washington, D.C.
- Ability to work from your home/dorm.
Location: Virginia, with minimal travel to D.C. and other Atlantic Coast areas.
To apply, please email resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org